Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Black Tea Ceylon orange Pekoe – 70 grams
Ceylon tea from Sri Lanka is celebrated for its clean, brisk taste, and this is a particularly fine Ceylon blended from a selection of estates. ‘Orange Pekoe’ refers to the grade, an unbroken whole leaf tea with long wiry leaves.
Often misread as referring to the taste of the tea, the term ‘Orange Pekoe’ has a rather intriguing history. The word ‘Pekoe’ is a corruption of the Chinese for ‘white tip’, referring to the young, fresh tea leaves, while the inclusion of ‘Orange’ refers to Holland’s royal House of Orange. When this tea was first brought to Holland in the 19th century, market-savvy merchants added it on to suggest a royal warrant. It is prepared with very hot water, 95-100 ° C, and is left to infuse for 3-4 minutes.
Seguici su Facebook
Seguici su Instagram
- Authentic Experiences in Tuscany
- Order pizza online, Pizza delivery, San Gimignano
- Order pizza online, Pizza delivery, Colle di Val d’Elsa
- Order pizza online, Pizza delivery, Barberino Val d’Elsa
- Order pizza online, Pizza delivery, Poggibonsi
- Order pizza online, Pizza delivery, Certaldo
- Online Grocery and shopping delivery in Tuscany